This position requires a working knowledge of maintenance needs for a nursing facility. They must be able to make general calculations and be able to estimate supply needs for the facility. Must be able to anticipate depreciating needs of the plant and notify administration of condition of building. They need to be able to communicate clearly with staff and point out safety needs to them. Will need to be generally familiar with regulations whether city, county, state or federal and govern the physical plant of the nursing facility. The director is required to have mechanical abilities with small repairs.
PHYSICAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift/push up to 75 pounds
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, reach, push/pull loads required
- Must be able to walk approximately four miles daily
- Supervise maintenance team members.
- Maintain all mechanical equipment in good working condition.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance schedule that includes preventive maintenance ordered.
- Participate in Quality Improvement, Infection Control and Safety Management as needed.
- Order and maintain supplies for the physical plant within budget limitations.
- Perform repairs and improvements of projects made by outside professional sources.
- Maintain pest control.
- Working knowledge and maintenance of the fire alarm and sprinkler system.
- Small repairs to equipment such as, wheelchairs and other residents care equipment will be required to use basic hand tools.
- Monthly replacement of air conditioner filters.
- Inspection of furnaces, hot water tanks, and other minor repairs.
- Preventative maintenance of laundry equipment.
- Maintenance of painting, roof and ceiling repairs.
- Maintain indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Storage of beds and equipment.
- Testing and maintenance of call light systems.
- Maintenance of roof top vents and fans.
- Moving furniture for incoming residents and office equipment.
- Storage of resident’s property.
- Keep basement clean and neat on a weekly basis.
- Maintain Biohazard material until picked up.
- Carpentry skills necessary to complete minor repairs.
- Experience in performing maintenance functions
- Must be be to work flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license, and if required, commercial driver’s license
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately.
- At least two years experience working in the maintenance field. Prior supervisory status preferred but not required. Be willing to undergo periodic training and studies regarding the position. Must be able to seek out problem areas and recommend and/or develop solutions to these problems.