Provide a clean facility and pleasant environment for the residents. Prepare and serve meals, as assigned. Responsible for the cleanliness of kitchen area, surfaces, and equipment. Must maintain a clean and healthy environment for residents and guests, in compliance with applicable food and sanitation codes
ESSENTIAL COOK DUTIES:
- Cooks and serves meals as assigned.
- Tallies and punches meals cards for those who eat in the dining room
- Washes, dries, and restocks pots, pans, plates, glasses, and silverware according to proper methods of sanitation.
- Cleans all kitchen surfaces and equipment according to the posted cleaning schedule.
- Operates dishwasher.
- Cleans grease spills properly.
- Immediately cleans up all floor spills
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper infection-control techniques including cleaning, storage, and food handling.
- Demonstrates safe and proper techniques for chemical cleaning solution use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Preps all varieties of salads, vegetables, cheese, meat, and desserts as necessary.
- Empties trash. Takes trash from staging area to dumpster. Take recyclables to containers.
- Responsible for participating in and supporting the resident centered Life Enrichment programs.
ESSENTIAL HOUSEKEEPING DUTIES:
- Empty trash cans in rooms.
- Clean trash cans.
- Sweep and mop floors in rooms, halls, bathrooms.
- Disinfect toilets and sinks.
- Fill paper towels and soap dispensers.
- Clean mirrors, dispensers, shelves, etc.
- Dust furniture as needed.
- Take trash out at end of shift.
- Plastic bags in all trash cans.
- Clean entry way, halls and offices and sunroom.
- Check for strings on wheels
- Ensure rooms are odor free.
- Mop up any spills which may occur.
- Clean windows in entry way and offices.
- Disinfect showers and whirlpool rooms.
- Clean dining and feeder rooms after each meal and empty trash.
- Clean break room and smoke room.
- Clean all staff toilets and around nurses stations and utility rooms.
- Keep janitor closets clean and tidy.
- Move residents when the need arises and clean the vacated room.
- Do any number of little jobs that family members or residents may ask.
- Fill all soap, towel, and toilet tissue dispensers.
- Clean closet floor.
- Any other tasks requested by supervisor.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, current food handler’s permit.
- Experience in food services preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to relate to residents and other team members in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Must be able to stand for multiple hours in duration.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to that position requirements can be met.
- Must be able to squat, bend, stretch, walk and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance