We are accepting applications for the position of Quality Improvement Specialist. This person must be motivated, mission-driven, and identify with the BVC mission of “enhancing lives by serving God, serving you, serving together”. If you desire to work in a Christian environment and serve with a talented team of healthcare professionals, please submit your application. This position reports to the Vice President of Quality.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST POSITION DUTIES:
- Oversee a comprehensive quality improvement program for licensed service areas within BVC including health centers, assisted living centers and management consulting clients. Ensure that quality improvement teams are organized and functioning effectively in identifying and resolving clinical issues impacting resident health and safety.
- Develop and implement systems that produce favorable clinical outcomes and result in exceptional survey results and state/national quality ratings.
- Specify goals and objectives for BVC quality initiatives and define objective processes to measure results and monitor progress.
- Collect and analyze clinical data for accuracy including quality indicators and quality measures. Review tracking and trending reports.
- Conduct routine chart audits, including but not limited to, assessments and care plans to ensure timeliness and regulatory compliance.
- Make routine compliance visits to BVC health centers (monthly), assisted living centers (quarterly), management consulting clients (as requested), or as otherwise assigned. Visits will include quality improvement clinical reviews and audits of the physical plant, including life safety code requirements.
- Conduct an exit conference with the licensed administrator and/or director of health services at the conclusion of each compliance visit; followed by a written summary report via email to the vice president-quality, director of health services, licensed administrator and campus director.
- Provide a minimum of 8 hours RN clinical oversight per week to assigned assisted living centers.
- Periodically participate in QAPI meetings. Review QAPI meeting minutes quarterly. Review in-service schedules quarterly to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Disseminate information and educate BVC team members (individually and in groups) in regard to quality initiatives, best practices, survey preparedness, risk management, organization policy and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Attend and participate in regulatory surveys for health centers, assisted living centers and management consulting clients as assigned. Assist in writing and/or approving plans of correction in response to deficiency statements and ensure appropriate follow-up and corrective actions.
- Attend educational seminars and engage in research to stay abreast of regulatory changes as they occur.
- Inform and advise vice president-quality, director of health services, licensed administrators, and campus directors in advance of regulatory changes.
- Review policies and recommend revisions as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain integrity and trust among leadership and staff
- Must be strategic thinker, self-motivated, and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to balance multiple issues simultaneously in a fast paced environment. Needs good problem solving skills, should be detail oriented and well organized.
- 3-5 years long-term care experience
- Must be a licensed RN
- Must be able to travel to all campuses in Oklahoma
- 403B Retirement savings plan
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid personal time off
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance