DEPARTMENT: Entrusted Hearts Private Services
JOB TITLE: PERSONAL CARE AIDE
REPORTS TO: RN Director of Clinical Services
Assists in providing basic personal care to Members under the direction, instruction, and supervision of a Registered Nurse or LPN supervisor. Assists Members with personal hygiene, assists with ambulation and transfers, and prepares meals as directed. Promotes Member’s mental alertness, reports changes in the Member’s condition to a Registered Nurse or LPN supervisor. Assists in providing a safe and healthful environment for Member care.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Competency testing required.
Previous Experience: Six (6) months of experience preferred in caring for the geriatric population in a facility or in the home with knowledge of basic personal care skills. Homemaking skills. Medical terminology preferred.
Skills and Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand for long periods. Must be able to tolerate frequent walking. Ability to lift up to 15 lbs., bend, reach, and push/pull loads required.
Must be flexible and able to set priorities as requests for early visits are often made by several Member’s. Must be able to perform duties in an efficient, effective manner with little direct supervision required. Ability to diplomatically deny inappropriate requests and find alternate solutions (or notify, Agency) essential.
- Performs direct Member personal care activities.
- Performs indirect Member care activities such as homemaking chores and errands.
- Insures safety during Member care.
- Demonstrates efficiency, effectiveness, and dependability in providing Member care.
- Maintains effective communication.
- Supports and enhances the image of Entrusted Hearts Private Services by displaying a positive attitude in customer relations.