TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Development
LOCATION: Corporate Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Development / Chief Development Officer
- Utilize development software to track gifts, pledges, and pledge balances.
- Issue gift receipts and letters in a timely manner
- Keep records of pledges, pledge payments. And pledge balances (fundraisers/campaigns)
- Ensure data health is maximized through effective use of technology to facilitate project management, information sharing across the team, Prospect/Donor research, etc.
- Respond to donor inquiries, accurately record transactions and communication with donors to track preferences to strengthen response and stewardship.
- Answer and screen telephone calls
- Attend Development and Communications Committee meetings of the Board of Directors; take the minutes of the meeting.
- Coordinate with communications staff on brochures, annual reports, etc.
- Assist with Board meetings and Leadership Team meetings.
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute departmental mail.
- Greeting visitors, tour groups, etc.
- Maintain and organize promotional materials.
- Proofread printed materials.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Assist with annual fundraising efforts as requested.
- Schedule, organize, and periodically attend Development meetings, events, luncheons, dinners, etc., as requested.
- Assist in discovering donor prospects through strategic research on existing donors, prospects, board members, foundations, corporations, pastors, and others.
- Utilizing the development software consistently track events, programs, donor participation and giving through analysis, goal evaluation, event surveys, and direct feedback; measure and benchmark all engagement activities to report success.
- Help conduct on-going research on foundations, corporations, and philanthropists to determine their capacity to support BVC projects.
- Help identify new funding opportunities, match donor interest to need, and create/pull reports to accurately assess trends.
- Utilizing the development software you will serve as a key resource for information on revenue and constituent data.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree in Marketing/Communication preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Read, write, and converse in English
- Understand and follow instructions
- Maintain positive work relationships
- Share in work responsibilities with other office personnel
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to maintain integrity and trust among leadership and staff
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Clear understanding and adherence to Baptist Village Communities policies and procedures as set out in the Personnel Policies Handbook.
PHYSICAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
- Inside office environment
- Sitting approximately 80% of workday